You’re about to connect your Slack Workspace with smartocto to receive notifications. In this document we describe what actions you should take, to receive notifications. To setup a successful connection to smartocto, please add a user per webhook-url and fill in the details. For each Slack channel in the workspace, an individual Slack Webhook-url is necessary.
Visit api.slack.com/apps where you can find all your Slack-apps. One app can have more than one Slack Webhook-url.
Click on Create an App to setup a new app.
NOTE: If you already have an app connected to your workspace, which you can use to add a webhook-url, go to step 4.
- Enter a clear app-name which tells what the app does, for example ‘smartocto notifications’. Next, select your workspace:
- Select Incoming Slack Webhooks.
- Activate the Incoming Slack Webhooks by switching the off-toggle (1) to on as displayed below. Next click on Add New Slack Webhook to Workspace (2) to finish.
- Select which channel should show the information, received by the party who sends information to the Slack Webhook-url.
- After selecting the channel, you’ll see information about your Slack Webhook-url, like displayed below. Copy the Slack Webhook-url (starts with hooks.slack.com/services…)
- In the next steps you'll add the webhook-url to a profile in smartocto Realtime to receive the notifications.
Add webhook to Realtime
To connect the notifications stream to your Slack channel, you need to create a user, add the Slack webhook-url via the Settings for the user and select notifications:
- Add a user for the realtime system.
- Activate the user.
- Login with the user credentials.
- Go to the Settings for the user.
- Add the Slack webhook-url with the name of the channel.
- Enable the notifications.
- Check the checkboxes for the channel Slack on the notifications you want to send to Slack.
- When checking the boxes, immediately the new generated selected notifications are sent to the Slack webhook-url.
How to test
New notifications for the type(s) you selected, should come in the next time they are generated.
Slack: Link to Slack Getting Started with Incoming Webhooks
Slack: Add tools to your Workspace